Peer Mentor Program
美洲杯投注 www.generalog.com The International?Peer Mentor Program is an award-winning program that has been running for over a decade.
This program allows participants to develop leadership skills and form long-term friendships, and it is often described as one of the most memorable highlights of student life by our current and past mentors.?Both international and domestic students can be peer mentors.
What is a peer mentor?
A peer mentor is a current student who volunteers their time to help new students settle into life in Adelaide and the University of Adelaide.?Both international and domestic students can be peer mentors.
All new students have to make adjustments to be successful at university. Mentors provide peer support and a student’s perspective of University life by sharing their experiences, challenges and insights.
Who are the mentors?
The peer mentors are a mix of local and international students working together to assist new students from the time they arrive in Adelaide, attend Orientation and throughout the semester.
Peer mentor selection criteria
The selection of mentors will be based on merit, availability, and via an online application submission.
To be eligible to apply, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Have completed one full semester at the University successfully with a Credit average (GPA of 5)
- Have 1?or more semesters remaining before completing your degree
- Attend an interview
- Be available for compulsory induction, training, and orientation preparation
- Be available for at least 3-5 shifts at the Welcome Centre including the Victor Harbor Tour for new international students during O'Week.
- Be available to attend 8 out of 10 Friday?morning teas
- Be available to attend 4 out of 6?LCE Friday evening events
Peer mentor basic competencies
Peer Mentors are expected to have the following basic competencies:
- High level communication skills, including cross-cultural sensitivity and active listening
- Possess strong customer service skills
- Professionalism, including punctuality and awareness of boundaries
- Be a team player
- Ability to take?initiative while adhering to policy and procedures
Read a detailed description of competencies in the?peer mentor position description.?
How to apply
Applications for new Peer Mentors for Semester 2 2019 are now closed. Applications for 2020 Peer Mentors will open in late 2019.
If you have any questions about the peer mentor program, please contact?International Student Support.